Cycle Stalled?

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same problem. In my case ammonia is being consumed in <24h, which is a good sign. But my Nitrites have been high for 7-10 days now at least (off the Red Sea scale). I also did 2x 50% water changes and still have high Nitrites (and Nitrates). Frustrating though it can be it's really always just a waiting game in my experience
How did this turn out? I'm in the same boat. Just did a 50% water change, super high nitrites. Ammonia is processed within 24 hours.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That means you are finished. You’d change out the wastewater, for new, which reveals now not a bunch of mixed cross reading metabolites but just clean water above a bio slick. Once ammonia goes down a few days after dosing bottle bac, in the presence of live sand and rock, it means after a water change the fish you add won’t die, or be burned, since ammonia is seen in motion after dosing ammonia oxidizing bac. The nitrite doesn’t factor

another handy proof is verify this action above against the bottle bac timeframes on the directions, they often match. For example, Dr Tim’s bottle bac takes ten days on directions and we see the reported motion by then

in pattern though not brightwell bottle bac, it’s taking a long time we are seeing in brightwell posts looking for ammonia movement. Seems slower to emerge in pattern. I would not fish-in cycle with brightwell bottle bac

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back