Cycle

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello im new and Im trying to cycle my tank for now. Got it up to 2.0 ppm ammonia what should I be looking for next and what to do ? Thanks for your help !
Wait, ammonia needs to be 0 before tank is considered cycled. Just keep testing! Nitrites also need to be 0 and nitrate can be up to 10 or so. Ph needs to be at least 8.0 once all these line up then its cycled!

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, ammonia needs to be 0 before tank is considered cycled. Just keep testing! Nitrites also need to be 0 and nitrate can be up to 10 or so. Ph needs to be at least 8.0 once all these line up then its cycled!
He is currently trying to cycle his tank. I would continue testing the first test that shows nitrites can be the last test for nitrites you need to do. Then focus on testing for nitrates once you have 0 ammonia and nitrates dose up to 2ppm ammonia again and see how long it takes to get to 0 and repeat until the 2ppm ammonia can become 0 in 24hrs once that happens you have a cycled tank start slow with stocking the tank with fish one fish maybe 2 depending on size of tank but be sure to be testing nitrates and ammonia for the first week upon adding them. If you get an ammonia spike that exceeds 2ppm and doesnt go away might help adding some beneficial bacteria live rock from an established tank or fritzz 900 can work and doesnt hurt the livestock. @fishguy242 any advice?

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is currently trying to cycle his tank. I would continue testing the first test that shows nitrites can be the last test for nitrites you need to do. Then focus on testing for nitrates once you have 0 ammonia and nitrates dose up to 2ppm ammonia again and see how long it takes to get to 0 and repeat until the 2ppm ammonia can become 0 in 24hrs once that happens you have a cycled tank start slow with stocking the tank with fish one fish maybe 2 depending on size of tank but be sure to be testing nitrates and ammonia for the first week upon adding them. If you get an ammonia spike that exceeds 2ppm and doesnt go away might help adding some beneficial bacteria live rock from an established tank or fritzz 900 can work and doesnt hurt the livestock. @fishguy242 any advice?
I did exactly this ^ after adding the ammonia and saw it was gone after 24 hours I added 2 clowns and fritz 900 turbo start. And monitored it for 2 weeks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back