Cylinder tank and Vortech MP40

Leez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with attaching my MP40 to my cylinder tank’s curve surface. Does any one know if there is a way to make that possible? :D

OP
OP
Leez

Leez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s possible.
Not possible
Well, I’m actually made it works and the tank is cycling smoothly with the two MP40 running on opposite sides of the tank.
900B0A97-D5F8-416C-A0BB-C944D968EA52.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’m actually made it works and the tank is cycling smoothly with the two MP40 running on opposite sides of the tank.
900B0A97-D5F8-416C-A0BB-C944D968EA52.jpeg
Wow! Impressive! How did you manage that? Are the magnets just strong enough to hold the wetside in place? Well done.

OP
OP
Leez

Leez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Impressive! How did you manage that? Are the magnets just strong enough to hold the wetside in place? Well done.
Yes, the magnets are strong enough to hold the wetsides in place, I only need to cut small pieces of filter flosses in a curve shape follows the curve of the tank and putting them in between the dry and wetsides to prevent scratches and cracks :D

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once seen a bread where the guy put his vortechs on the bottom of his tank(BB). He the put 90° elbows on on the tops of the wet side to direct the flow however he liked it. Very interesting.

Corey

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the magnets are strong enough to hold the wetsides in place, I only need to cut small pieces of filter flosses in a curve shape follows the curve of the tank and putting them in between the dry and wetsides to prevent scratches and cracks :D
I like the ingenuity, long term you might want to hit up someone on the 3D printing forum to print you something out. The filterfloss will start to catch a lot of stuff over time. You will be good if you swap it out but a simple 3D printed piece to make it sit flush could lessen the maintenance needed, which would be nice for you. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back