Cynarina Aggression Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kasrift
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kasrift

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2022
Messages
16,887
Reaction score
30,286
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just got my first Cynarina (spelling) and I can't find much information out there on any aggression. Right now it expanded and is slightly touching some zoas. Is that ok?

Doesn't seem like it has sweepers, but it did do the typical feeders at night. Just want to make sure it won't melt the zoas or cause chemical warfare.
 
They like their own space. While not especially aggressive, they may defend their space. A couple of inches of room may be a good idea.
 
They like their own space. While not especially aggressive, they may defend their space. A couple of inches of room may be a good idea.
+1 on this.

Cynarinas aren’t aggressive the way Hammers and Elegance corals are, but they still need their own real estate. Best not to have them bumping up against anything else.
 
Thanks! Good to know. It expanded way bigger than I thought it would from the skeleton, about 3.5 times the size of the skeleton. I thought it would be like my indophyllia and maybe 2.5 times the size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new