Cyphastrea

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
2,096
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all, parameters are all pretty good, just working on lowering salinity. My cyphastrea is dying, and I’m not sure if it’s because of the light (mines not that strong). I’m getting a new one tomorrow that’s very powerful, is there anyway this coral can make a comeback

9BBFC3D8-5EE1-43B8-90AC-C13DF971B152.jpeg


C04BEE4E-2FB0-4320-9995-0C4D0710F99D.jpeg
 
cyphastrea generally needs low light and low flow. What are your water parameters and lighting now?
 
have you noticed anything picking on it? It's a bit hard to tell by the pic if there's any life/polyps left, but if yes, with time it'll recover .. keep it in low light, and make sure your water params are good.
 
I had it in a medium flow area, and at the top of my rock pile before, I now moved it to low light low flow.
 
I had a meteor shower chyphastrea do the same thing. I moved it down lower and it came back and really started growing quickly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new