Daily reality check

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when dropping my little princess off at daycare this morning, I saw a lady without hair, a cancer shirt on, and a bumper sticker that says something along the lines of "this fighter will beat cancer".

The kicker is that not only is she a parent like so many cancer victims, she was also at least 4-5 months pregnant.

What a horrible situation. She needs prayers and so too do others in her situation. As if cancer is not bad enough...

It's easy for us all to get down on a situation but we humans are a dramatic species. No matter how good we have it - it seems to be human nature that we complain and moan. People seem to dramatisize and manufacture drama at times. Let's feel blessed today and pray for those who are struggling.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Thanks for the humble reminder and it is sad we need to see those examples before finally understanding that we all have our issues.
It really is. I know I am blessed and I try to remind myself every day when trivial things bother me. It's sad like you said that this stuff puts us in our place.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely sending prayers for her it's a hard thing to deal with. Hopefully her situation was found earlier and she has positive results from treatment. I make a habit of giving thanks daily to our Lord for blessing our family and pray for those who are less fortunate. As a cancer fighter myself of stage 4 kidney cancer for last 11 years I can say the learning to lean on God and enjoy each day with my kids and family is powerful medicine. We all can go in the next moment illness or not. We all take life for granted and need to learn to slow down and enjoy what we have in each other and what God's given to us. Thank you 3fordfamily for taking time to share and remind us of this.
So when dropping my little princess off at daycare this morning, I saw a lady without hair, a cancer shirt on, and a bumper sticker that says something along the lines of "this fighter will beat cancer".

The kicker is that not only is she a parent like so many cancer victims, she was also at least 4-5 months pregnant.

What a horrible situation. She needs prayers and so too do others in her situation. As if cancer is not bad enough...

It's easy for us all to get down on a situation but we humans are a dramatic species. No matter how good we have it - it seems to be human nature that we complain and moan. People seem to dramatisize and manufacture drama at times. Let's feel blessed today and pray for those who are struggling.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely sending prayers for her it's a hard thing to deal with. Hopefully her situation was found earlier and she has positive results from treatment. I make a habit of giving thanks daily to our Lord for blessing our family and pray for those who are less fortunate. As a cancer fighter myself of stage 4 kidney cancer for last 11 years I can say the learning to lean on God and enjoy each day with my kids and family is powerful medicine. We all can go in the next moment illness or not. We all take life for granted and need to learn to slow down and enjoy what we have in each other and what God's given to us. Thank you 3fordfamily for taking time to share and remind us of this.

I just wish people didn't have to suffer from things like this. Prayers for you and your family as well.

1fishjones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayer is powerful, God brought this woman into your life for a reason. You were moved to make this post, like many others here I feel moved to prayer. My prayer is that all who read this will lift her up in Jesus name that God will heal her and the baby back to better health than before the cancer to His glory. Amen

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back