DaKraken's 300 gallon build

DaKraKeN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, divorce is expensive yes. So are reef tanks.....So what is the best thing to do when your down and out and need to keep your mind occupied? Start a new build. A bit of background info...I'm a father of three and I have been in the hobby about 20 years. I have three small children who have been involved in my reef builds since they were born, so I started what I was never able to before...a big build, 300 gallon show tank, three 100 gallon stock tanks, 2-40g breeders and a 55g, temporary housing for the livestock I currently have. I hope you enjoy and I will update when able. Shoot questions and I will try to answer as I go..

OP
OP
DaKraKeN

DaKraKeN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a good buddy of mine build the stand. Waiting to finish it out once the canopy is on..this is an 8' tank.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
DaKraKeN

DaKraKeN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass tank on far left, 40g breeder will be for frags, 55g in the middle will be temporary housing for some creatures, 40g breeder on far right will be for one of my son's reef lobster.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
DaKraKeN

DaKraKeN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since we have worked on our build but we are in full swing mode now. This should be fun...and expensive

IMG_1485.JPG

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
DaKraKeN

DaKraKeN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, got to bother you again.
So how many pounds is that??
did you order the BRS Tonga Large 20”+ Branch or the BRS Tonga Jumbo 30”+ Branch?
Did you have to make any special request or just order it online and they send it to you?

Thanks.

I ordered the 20+ with a special request with the order for the largest pieces they could manage. I don't remember how many pounds I ordered....I ordered it over a year ago and had to put my build on hold due to a shoulder injury. I also ordered the shelf pieces and they are amazing also. When I started putting it all together I had over 400lbs of rock all together. Much of which is now in one of my sumps(100 gallon stock tanks). But one of the large tonga branches weigh a ton.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back