Damaged Birds Nest, should I frag?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlueRay33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BlueRay33

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my RBT Anemone split last week and one of them parked itself too close to my birds nest. It moved yesterday to a different location in my tank, but left my birds nest damaged with a bleached end. What do I do now?!??

Leave as is? Or frag the bleached parts? Will the bleaching spread?

Thanks for the help!

4b0d99bc244daac516a751cb6a3e4a41_thumb.jpg
 
Bleaching shouldnt spread if it was caused by the rbt. Just snip it off if you wanna. Ive seen some corals just regrow over dead skeleton, which would be easier for the coral but it would open the door for infection.

I would leave it be. Anyways, birdsnest will recover.

Good luck
 
I would just get some sharp scissors and cut off the damaged branches. I don't have the patience to wait for that eyesore to heal.
 
Thanks guys, it also did a number on my Montipora. Hoping that recovers as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new