Damaged Zoa

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I found one of my zoa frags (not sure of name, red with green skirt) face down in my aragonite sandbed. When I went to pick it up I accidentally pushed/grinded into the sand pretty hard. Now the colors are "bleeding"..specifically the centers have developed a blackish color and they dont look good. Do zoa colors recover, and turn back to normal after awhile? I can't seem to get a good picture of them to show exactly what they look like..needless to say I now superglue ALL frags to my LR

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few zoas fall into my sand bed and the ones that turned black died but ones without damedge made it. I would suggest an anti bacterial bath and clean off the algae and non zoa growth.

DharkaronReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens all the time to my zoas. My fishes or snails knock my zoas down to the sandbed flipped over. They will slowly recover as long as some polyps are not damaged. The ones that may be damaged, gently brush the closed polyps with your finger or turkey base to see if it’s still alive. Normally, if the polyp is dead, the polyps will melt away when you apply contact. I hope this helps.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 61 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back