Damsel possibly sick?

finnaest1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a damsel from the LPS and noticed that it has some white things on one of its sides. I’m not sure if it is a disease or something else, but I am a little worried as it is my first fish in my first saltwater tank. They are only on one side and look fuzzy almost. Please let me know any opinion! Thank you.
IMG_6811.png
View attachment 3815621
IMG_6813.png
View attachment 3815621
IMG_6812.jpeg
 
Looks ragged. Could anything be nipping at its fins? Are your powerheads exposed?
 
I recently picked up a damsel from the LPS and noticed that it has some white things on one of its sides. I’m not sure if it is a disease or something else, but I am a little worried as it is my first fish in my first saltwater tank. They are only on one side and look fuzzy almost. Please let me know any opinion! Thank you.
IMG_6811.png
View attachment 3815621
IMG_6813.png
View attachment 3815621
IMG_6812.jpeg
This fish is a victim of aggression and type of damage inflicted by another damsel or clowns. What other fish are in the tank with it?
You will have to isolate this fish or the aggressor for best chance of healing.
 
This fish is a victim of aggression and type of damage inflicted by another damsel or clowns. What other fish are in the tank with it?
You will have to isolate this fish or the aggressor for best chance of healing.
He was in a tank with around 20 other damsel fish at the store, so that would make sense. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new