Daniel's 225g Peninsula Reef! Let's get this build going!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok...so after the looongest delay ever due to waiting on insurance and contractor to replace the island and flooring after a leak under the kitchen sink (the leak was reported to the insurance in August of last year), the new floor is finally going into the house and *should* be finished tomorrow!!! Then, I can FINALLY continue with the setup of the new reef.

Warning...it won't be quick...but it will be fun (I hope) to follow. :cool:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so after the looongest delay ever due to waiting on insurance and contractor to replace the island and flooring after a leak under the kitchen sink (the leak was reported to the insurance in August of last year), the new floor is finally going into the house and *should* be finished tomorrow!!! Then, I can FINALLY continue with the setup of the new reef.

Warning...it won't be quick...but it will be fun (I hope) to follow. :cool:
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, so the tank is supposed to be moved into place sometime in the next week or so. It will still be a bit before it is set up. However, I have a scheduled delivery of base live rock and sand from TBS to be delivered around the middle of May. TSA is also helping me create a killer aquascape for the tank! That will take some time, but it'll be worth the wait!

In the meantime, I'm trying to think through the stocking list...this is getting REAL!! Ha! So excited!! If you want to jump in on the live stock list discussion, here's the thread link for that: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...at-would-you-have-in-your-stock-list.1045146/

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so the tank is supposed to be moved into place sometime in the next week or so. It will still be a bit before it is set up. However, I have a scheduled delivery of base live rock and sand from TBS to be delivered around the middle of May. TSA is also helping me create a killer aquascape for the tank! That will take some time, but it'll be worth the wait!

In the meantime, I'm trying to think through the stocking list...this is getting REAL!! Ha! So excited!! If you want to jump in on the live stock list discussion, here's the thread link for that: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...at-would-you-have-in-your-stock-list.1045146/
That's so exciting!!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday a thing happened!!

IMG_20240408_155631_523.jpg

IMG_20240408_155631_546.jpg

IMG_20240408_155631_569.jpg

20240408_155044.jpg

:star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck:

Now to really get this build GOING!!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you still thinking of 6 Icons for lighting? Are you planning on placing them perpendicular to the display?
Yep. I actually already have them. Probably my next job on this tank will be mounting them in the canopy. :astonished-face:

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. I actually already have them. Probably my next job on this tank will be mounting them in the canopy. :astonished-face:
I watched the video and couldn't tell, does the canopy have a mounting system; or are you going to be building the whole thing?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back