Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube - A Recovering Build...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last update for tonight...maybe :rolleyes:

20161116_223958.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it wet yet :D

That aquascape come up really nice.
Thanks! Water is slowly trickling in! LOL I'll have it cycling tonight.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude aquascape looks great!

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape looks good. Maybe add a low small island in the front left for some additional dimension.

bigsteverickard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Sick!!! Great Build!!!
This just popped up on my phone through the app to view as a thread I'd be interested in. Funny **** since you and met two months ago at the I.E. Reef club meeting. Glad to see you got the Tank and everything is coming together. Stand is the business by the way. Great idea... Aqua scape is on point too, going super minimal on my son's tank I'm setting up right now.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice progression!

Dude aquascape looks great!

Dig this scape!!

Looks great! I like the scape.

Very nice rockscape.

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to seeing some corals on it. I hate waiting on a tank to cycle. #impatient

Looks great Daniel and I'm glad the whole "sump fitting debacle of 2016" worked out for you!

Ha! Thanks, bro! Me too! LOL

No fish? hmmm strange....

Actually...as of yesterday I have a purple firefish and a flame angel in QT. I'll be picking up a few others this week to add to the QT. I'll also be ready in a bit for a certain clownfish pair... :D

Looks Sick!!! Great Build!!!
This just popped up on my phone through the app to view as a thread I'd be interested in. Funny **** since you and met two months ago at the I.E. Reef club meeting. Glad to see you got the Tank and everything is coming together. Stand is the business by the way. Great idea... Aqua scape is on point too, going super minimal on my son's tank I'm setting up right now.

Thanks Steve! I'm happy with how it's progressing! Maybe soon I'll have something worth having some of you guys at IEMAS come over and check out. :D I missed the last meeting, but I'll be back for sure.

Aquascape looks good. Maybe add a low small island in the front left for some additional dimension.

Thanks! I'm actually still debating that myself. I may do it, or I may just pick up an LPS show piece (I'm thinking a scoly, wellso, or elegance) or a clam to go there. ...but SOMETHING will be put there to balance it.

BTW I love the lock on it so no one steals your sump.....oh wait they could not get it out if they tried..LOL....sorry I had to say it;)...little one keeper outer?

Ha!! The mental image of someone trying to swipe that sump is hilarious! :D And you got it right on the real reason for the lock. I'm trying to be sure curious little fingers don't end up in the sump (or floating toys...or sandwiches...or cereal...or ???). ;)

Look good.
Always some clam will available by the time your tank ready

Thanks bro! I'm already looking forward to it! I want a pretty nice Maxima to put in there somewhere...but I'll wait a bit to let things settle in...although winning the one at the RAP raffle would have been cool. :)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok...updating my stocklist ideas due to a couple of fish I picked up at RAP yesterday...

In QT I have

Purple Firefish
Flame Angel (this guy was a raffle win at RAP yesterday, but I'm on the fence about keeping him...it'll depend on how well behaved he is around some of the corals and clams I'm hoping to add.)

I have a pair of black ice clowns that @hybridazn is currently holding for me...I'm hoping he hasn't gotten too attached to them to send them to me. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of adding some of these as well, still trying to decide which ones...but not sure...

Golden Assessor Basslet
Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
Royal Gramma Basslet
Midas Blenny
Diamond Goby

Anyone see potential compatibility issues with any of these? And which ones of the optional list would you add?

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame angel needs to go in last. after that keep an eye on it with nipping, my coral beauty nipped a bit at first but stopped because I fed heavily.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back