Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube - SPS Dominant Mixed Reef

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by mdbannister, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I feel your pain! I've been focusing so hard on my upgrade that I've let my DT slide. Its not much fun updating a build thread for a makes you cringe when you look at it!

We need 28 hours in a day..... :)

GoVols and mdbannister like this.

2. Ramasule

Ramasule Valuable Member

I feel pain as well.

3. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Fadi Abu Tahoun R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Sorry To hear that Daniel, hope the issues in your tank get resolved soon

4. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

EXACTLY!!! I vote we add a few more hours! :D
    Thanks guys! It's an unfortunate setback, but I'll pull it together somehow and hopefully get this tank back up to speed. #downbutnotstayingdown

5. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Water changes bro....

:p

HolisticBear, GoVols, Brew12 and 2 others like this.
  6. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yes...thanks for the life-changing advice...never thought to do that... ;Meh ;Sour ;Meh

:p:p:p

7. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Well to be honest you must not have thought of it for a while...

*sic burn*

8. mdbannister

Let that be a lesson to you, folks...never feed the ;Troll

9. drernesto

drernesto Well-Known Member Platinum Sponsor

Sorry to hear that mate! i'm sure the tank will recover soon!

10. Tioman

Tioman Member

I added a Watchman Gobie and a Pistol Shrimp the middle of June, We saw the Watchman the other night and have not seen the Shrimp since, we know he is there because he keeps digging:)

mdbannister likes this.
  11. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor

maybe it's time you focus on some nice non-corals like LPS, and stop killing endangered sticks. You don't need to race the GBR to failure buddy.

GoVols likes this.
  12. maldenreefer

maldenreefer Member Build Thread Contributor

@mdbannister Could you post a pic of your sump setup? I have the same sump but was looking to add space for a refugium somehow.

GoVols likes this.
  13. mdbannister

Hi! Here's how mine is set up (These pics are actually from when I set it up initially. It still looks the same just a bit dirtier. :confused::rolleyes::oops:):

1.jpg

2.jpg

I don't think there's anywhere in it that I would put in a fuge unless you use the skimmer chamber for that somehow. Mine doesn't run a fuge though. I'd be more inclined toward an algae scrubber anyway.

fabutahoun, geo and GoVols like this.
  14. maldenreefer

maldenreefer Member Build Thread Contributor

@mdbannister Did your sump change? I thought I had read that you were running the Somatic 60. Maybe I mixed up my build threads...

15. mdbannister

Ah! Yeah. I've got that on a frag tank that hasn't been completely set up yet. There may be room IMO for a fuge in that one somewhere.

16. mdbannister

17. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Daniel,
    If your still thinking about firing up a cal reactor please use @hybridazn 's method.

My GEO two stage has been firing for about two months and could not be happier.

Hope your reef is turning for the better.

Freddie

HolisticBear and mdbannister like this.
  18. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Lol

HolisticBear and mdbannister like this.
  19. mdbannister

That's the plan. ;)

GoVols likes this.
  20. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Wait a minute... whats a plan? :confused: Where could I find one and how expensive are they? :oops:

:p

GoVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted