Dap 100% silicone

Reef kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I know the most popular brand of silicone is ge. But my local store only had dap 100% silicone. It doesn't say anything on the bottle about mold or mildew resistant. Yet I looked on the site and it says it is. I looked at the ingredients and there doesn't appear to be any mold or mildew chemicals. I can post them if need be. So what should I do. It's already been put on my turf scrubber I'm building and I would hate to have to cut it up.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef kid! Try to call to your local store and ask them in detailed question about mold or mildew resistant in this 100% silicone. Then asked them about brand this silicone. Then call to any another good store who can consult you about this brand and your question. Try until they get you enough information or until they give you good advice or offer! Good luck buddy!

klesel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to dap website see if they have info also msds sheet it has what in the product they have a # as well call em .google it as well if dap has no info

Ronnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I know the most popular brand of silicone is ge. But my local store only had dap 100% silicone. It doesn't say anything on the bottle about mold or mildew resistant. Yet I looked on the site and it says it is. I looked at the ingredients and there doesn't appear to be any mold or mildew chemicals. I can post them if need be. So what should I do. It's already been put on my turf scrubber I'm building and I would hate to have to cut it up.

Hey Reef kid! Try to call to your local store and ask them in detailed question about mold or mildew resistant in this 100% silicone. Then asked them about brand this silicone. Then call to any another good store who can consult you about this brand and your question. Try until they get you enough information or until they give you good advice or offer! Good luck buddy!

Hello, how much r u plan on using?

What I did was I called them and ask was it aquarium safe and they said "it is not aquarium safe".

So one day I was in my local Dollar General Store and I found a tube of LocTight (I will post a picture of it when I get home) I used 2 tubes of it when I did my baffles on my diy sump 20g long. I used about 3/4 of a tube.

Ronnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the silicone that I got from the $ store

1455234510815.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back