dark skimming but doesnt stink

  • Thread starter Thread starter Weyou
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm not kidding my skimming does not stink at all ... And I wonder if it's because there's not enough biological load in the aquarium or there's just something wrong here
 
I'm not kidding my skimming does not stink at all ... And I wonder if it's because there's not enough biological load in the aquarium or there's just something wrong here
up
 
Fresh skimate don't stink, it stinks because of bacteria decomposing it. It is the same as every-other organic matter.
 
I'm facing the same issue. Skimmate is dark, but no smell! Sometimes there is a muddy smell, but not stinky at all!
 
Can we ever be trully happy?

Buah, my skimmer making poor foam, buuaah my skimmer skimms light, buaaa my skimmer skimms great, but i dont like colors, skimmate dont smell... ;)

Whatewer is in that skimmer cup, be sure that you dont want it in your tank, even if it smeel like french maid on sunday morning... ;)
 
I'm not kidding my skimming does not stink at all ... And I wonder if it's because there's not enough biological load in the aquarium or there's just something wrong here

skimmate consists of a lot more then fish poo...

  • 38% organic carbon
  • 26% calcium carbonate
  • 21% silicon dioxide
  • 8% inorganic ions (trace nutrients?)
  • 7% magnesium carbonate

Thats just from Dr google


I don't see anything to worry about. My skimmate smells kinda earthy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new