OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the stand finished. I added more trim on the side without the door to make everything match.

b64264a2.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really great Dave. Can't wait to see the whole thing going.

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is dry and in place. Dic the test fit on the internal plumbing and it fit perfect. I've also decided to build a canopy to match.

90b1f3b8.jpg

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Why not build a second door where you put the mock-door? It would certainly allow for more access to the sump area.

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I only have need for one door to access the plumbing and electronics. My refugium and all that stuff is going to be in the basement right below the tank. So I figured why have to fuss with another door when I only need one?

Looks good! Why not build a second door where you put the mock-door? It would certainly allow for more access to the sump area.

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'm using a HQI 250W MH and 4x24W T5's. The MH is a Phoenix 14k and I have (2) Fiji Purple and (2) ATI Blue Plus. I may end up adding some DIY Led's to supplement more.

That is an awesome stand and tank. What are you planning to use for lighting? (not sure if i seen that posted)

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this 125g tank sitting in my basement for 8 months now. I got it in a trade and had no use for it. I've decided I'm going to use it as my refugium for the 93g Cube build. I'll have plenty of room for my mangroves to and also a little area to grow frags. Good or bad idea?

CaptainRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Idea. Just use it as a huge sump and fuge - you could have a pretty big fuge with that tank.

Question on your stand, did you put some supports under that top ring or is the top ring of 2x6's just held up with screws? I built my stand in a similar fashion but have supports beneath the top ring so that a vertical 2x4 is providing the suport rather than just the screws. Basically, I have what you have but with two vertical 2x4's at each corner. Here's a picture that hopefully explains what I'm trying to say. BTW, very nice finish on the stand. Mine's still just 2x4's after 8 months or so!

03IMG_1076.JPG

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the stand built for the refugium and the 125 in place. I built the stand 10' long and it makes the 125g look small. Going to home depot tomorrow for the plumbing.

ab5734f4.jpg

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand coming along great. Nice fuge setup as well. More water the better ! Cubes are pretty saweet

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job ..
I think it's pretty cool to be able to have a sump in another room under the tank .
U should be able to get some great color with the light set up you chose .
I see no need for led's unless u want it for moonlighting .
Are you going to use a skimmer or just all refugium for filtration ?

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I plan on staying skimmerless like my current tank. I haven't used one in two years. Hopefully it will continue to work ok for me.

Nice job ..
I think it's pretty cool to be able to have a sump in another room under the tank .
U should be able to get some great color with the light set up you chose .
I see no need for led's unless u want it for moonlighting .
Are you going to use a skimmer or just all refugium for filtration ?

timsharpe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank and stand!!
also like the deer head on the 1st page... rifle or archery? I just came in from shooting my mathews Z-7 in my back yard....geting some practice in for a late Aug muley hunt in central Utah, never can practice too much with a bow..ha
anyway thanks for sharing the progress on your build.....looking forward to see it set up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back