Dawn's 56 gallon pony corral

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is my specie specific seahorse tank. It is home to 3 H erectus seahorses. I have Eve, my 3+ year old matriarch, Samson and Delilah, my youngsters who are probably just under a year old. This is my 3rd seahorse build and was designed to meet their needs more fully.

It is an AGA 56 gallon column tank with a HOB overfow box to the 20 gallon diy basement sump. In the drain chamber is an SCA-302 protein skimmer. The sump has a fuge chamber with a 5" DSB and LR and macro algaes. The fuge light is a small kitchen flo. The return pump is a DC 6000. Additional flow is provided by a tunze nanostream 6045 and a rio 800 for a total of about 2200 gph including the return pump. Much of the flow is directed at the bb floor of the tank to keep particulate in suspension.

This tank is about 10 and a half months old, although much of the LR, coral and macro algae came from former tanks. Thanks for checking it out.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More images please. :)!!!!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding frenzy by https://www.flickr.com/photos/

The ponies all eat from a diy feeding bowl. It is held by a magnet up on the side of the glass so I can fill it with thawed mysis with a turkey baster. They waste less food this way and reduce the chances of mysis getting caught in the scape and decaying.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back