OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Skinz ill definitely try to get some more pics soon. This whole having a baby thing really consumes a lot of time.. Who woulda thunk..

As for the growth. Yeah everything is growing really well. I've had similar growth rates with almost everything in the tank. Some slower than other but over all great growth. I am definitely
Impressed with the t5/led combo

Dosing pumps/good salt/ waterchanges/ good filtration and cleaning the tank on a weekly basis are the keys to success if you ask me.. Keep it simple, pick a routine and stick with it. Chasing numbers and constantly tinkering with things only leads to problems and an unstable tank from my experience. I realized that a few years ago and ever since keep a tank has been much more enjoyable

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Skinz ill definitely try to get some more pics soon. This whole having a baby thing really consumes a lot of time.. Who woulda thunk..

As for the growth. Yeah everything is growing really well. I've had similar growth rates with almost everything in the tank. Some slower than other but over all great growth. I am definitely
Impressed with the t5/led combo

Dosing pumps/good salt/ waterchanges/ good filtration and cleaning the tank on a weekly basis are the keys to success if you ask me.. Keep it simple, pick a routine and stick with it. Chasing numbers and constantly tinkering with things only leads to problems and an unstable tank from my experience. I realized that a few years ago and ever since keep a tank has been much more enjoyable

Truth!

Reefing4eva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful job on that stand!im in the process of building a stand for my 60 cube with the same idea and I came across yours(alittle upset that my idea has already been done)Now I can see how it will look when it's done thanks to yours

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving will be a year that the tank has been up and running. I should probably do a nice update, maybe even break out the Nikon.. But I lost the charger.. So I'll have the find the charger.. Hmm

Ill work on getting some proper pictures mmk

And in the Halloween spirit here's my little yoda
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1383189635.249255.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha cutest Yoda I've seen all day!

And I saw some pic's you posted recently of the tank elsewhere....

Thanks man.

Ha Facebook iPhone pictures don't count... Ha.. Ok here's some progression
Nov2012
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1383191684.548636.jpg

Sept2013
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1383191634.615452.jpg

I've rescaped a bit since that picture so id like to get some good shots to do it justice

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your little Yoda looks SOOOO CUTE! Haha, I got a boy and girl frags myself.

Your tank looks sweet. Wish the iphone wouldnt come out so blue and washed out looking. We are missing out on seeing the awesomeness of your corals LOL.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great man and cute kid! ;)

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little yoda is adorable!

Your tank thread was the inspiration for my new tank setup. I also did a 32x32 cube (I went 26" high). Rustic stand and all :) ......But mine is a half-arsed version of yours lol. It's only been running a couple of weeks so I still have to hook up the apex and figure out where to hide all wires neatly. I didn't have the room for an oversized stand like yours :( Anyway i enjoy your thread and look forward to the first year update.

Hlmarlowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome cube! Looking to do a 240 soon! Where did you get your t5 fixtures again? I'm using reef radiance led lighting and they are amazing but wouldn't mind trying the led/t5 combo.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back