Ddfd

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
5,614
Reaction score
80
Location
Spokane, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daddy/Daughter Fishing Day!

I woke Madison up early this morning with, "Let's go fishing Madison!!" She was dressed and downstairs five minutes later.

We drove out to the lake, rented a boat and motor and hit the water. It was cold, windy and threatened rain all day, but she was a little trooper, saying, "We're not leaving until I catch a thousand fish!" I had to break it to her that a thousand was a few over the legal limit...lol. She'd only caught one fish in her 7 years of life, a 3lb Large Mouth Bass, in a lake that's not supposed to have bass in it, on her tiny Barbie fishing rod...lol. We bought her a larger fishing rod last week.

Well, she out-fished me. I broke my rod after catching my first fish. No, it wasn't because the fish was HUGE...

She caught 3 Rainbow Trout, one of them was about 17" long, the others about 14".

8832903824_105e4ed05b_c.jpg


Ignore the pink blur of my finger. Here's a cell pic of her fighting her first trout.

8832890840_a06a19f508_c.jpg


I even let her drive the boat for awhile...we were just slowly trolling...

8832984974_9ce6fb2640_c.jpg


I wish I'd have had my Canon 7D with us. Several Great Blue Herons were flying around, a bunch of Canadian Geese, herding along their many goslings and a Bald Eagle flew around us for awhile, about 25' above us. Alas, I'm still a lil' afraid to take that camera out on the water with us...
 
Best times ever! I have two daughters and they both out fish me:bounce:best fishing buddy i've ever had.
 
I have two daughters as well my youngest hasn't fallen in love with it yet but we have our own moments as well greatest gifts God has even given my family
 
Priceless Bro, cherish the moment...They all grow so quickly...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new