Dead spot on Monti cap

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferBee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferBee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
495
Reaction score
228
Location
North Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what can be the cause? Odd because it's near the center of the cap. Its on my graft cap and starburst cap too.

IMG_20170617_205311.jpg
 
Look on the underside for white Montipora eating nudibranchs, especially in the dead spot.
 
I checked. Last night and again tonight. I don't see any. I'm really hoping it's not them. I had a problem with them 5 years or so ago in another tank. Never seen them start in the center of a Monti before. Crossing fingers
 
It's most likely either nudis or detritus buildup/salt creep burn.

I suspect nudis. If you can dip it do a revive dip asap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new