Dealing with UPS issues/sponsor related

  • Thread starter Thread starter gioNVA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Just a quick update, the corals came in this morning after I picked them up from the UPS center. Water was cold but the acroporas seem to be ok. One browned out and has some tissue recession but I'm hoping it will survive. The other one looks ok also. The corals were packed well and had a lot of water so I think that helped out a lot.
 
I was having a huge issue with DOA from UPS. I live in Arizona so by the time stuff got to me it had been baking in the back of the UPS truck with NO AC. One of the guys over at Live Aquaria suggested only having stuff delivered to the hub and just picking it up from there. This was probably the best advice I could've gotten. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better survival rates than before. There's still the occasional loss but nowhere near as bad as when things were delivered to my door. Also, when UPS misses a next day air delivery it usually makes it into town and onto the truck, but the driver for whatever reason cannot make delivery and it gets pushed back a day. At least that's how it is for me. Since I started picking things up from the hub they've never missed a delivery date :) Hope this helps. -A
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new