Dear TX Reefers

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I just wanted to note that a lot of reefers have been suffering through power outages in TX. I’m not super aware of the situation as I don’t live there. But I want everyone to know that I am most active on Instagram (anaks_reef) and a lot of reefers there are having terrible situations and I think that everyone needs to know that we are all here to help. I’ve spoken to many reefers on IG who are willing to spread this message along with me. It’s not just me solely, many of us.

if you ever have questions or need some supplies to restart your tank or do some fixing, there’s a lot of companies and people on Instagram who are donating. All they ask is that you show them your situation. If you have IG, shoot me a dm if you need help finding them. If you don’t have IG, shoot me a pm here and I’ll relay the messages.

I just feel the need to tell everyone that yes having a generator and backup stuff is important. But we all have these times where we go through hardships and realize it. I’m sure generators and stuff are something that not only reefers having this problem will consider getting, but also other reefers who are aware of this problem. We all understand that and we will make our own decisions. Everyone needs to think about things with everything going on. Covid and power outages and other things going on. Backup stuff isn’t cheap for everyone as well. People don’t go on here and talk about there situation to be told to get a generator or something and told that it’s their fault for not getting one. They go on here to get input on what they should do if they don’t have one, and some people just don’t understand that. There’s enough messages about blaming people for not getting a generator or backup stuff.

what we want to hear are people helping out and doing what they can. I’m seeing messages about people offering to hold corals and livestock. That’s super kind of them. Or people saying that they are praying for them and sending them prayers and love.

I want to say that we are all here for you guys. We want to help you. By we, I mean the reefers I’ve spoken to on IG. There’s a ton of them that I’ve teamed up with to write this. Please don’t hesitate to speak up and ask for help or anything really.

Remember, if there is anything you need, hit me up and ill find someone who can do a good deed for you. I’d love to do the same, but I’m not at the age to decide that myself. But I’m willing to reassure you that there are many other people who will do all the good deeds you need.

good luck and prayers for all. We hope you get through these tough times and also staying safe and warm at the same time. Prayers for all. Good luck.

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I just wanted to note that a lot of reefers have been suffering through power outages in TX. I’m not super aware of the situation as I don’t live there. But I want everyone to know that I am most active on Instagram (anaks_reef) and a lot of reefers there are having terrible situations and I think that everyone needs to know that we are all here to help. I’ve spoken to many reefers on IG who are willing to spread this message along with me. It’s not just me solely, many of us.

if you ever have questions or need some supplies to restart your tank or do some fixing, there’s a lot of companies and people on Instagram who are donating. All they ask is that you show them your situation. If you have IG, shoot me a dm if you need help finding them. If you don’t have IG, shoot me a pm here and I’ll relay the messages.

I just feel the need to tell everyone that yes having a generator and backup stuff is important. But we all have these times where we go through hardships and realize it. I’m sure generators and stuff are something that not only reefers having this problem will consider getting, but also other reefers who are aware of this problem. We all understand that and we will make our own decisions. Everyone needs to think about things with everything going on. Covid and power outages and other things going on. Backup stuff isn’t cheap for everyone as well. People don’t go on here and talk about there situation to be told to get a generator or something and told that it’s their fault for not getting one. They go on here to get input on what they should do if they don’t have one, and some people just don’t understand that. There’s enough messages about blaming people for not getting a generator or backup stuff.

what we want to hear are people helping out and doing what they can. I’m seeing messages about people offering to hold corals and livestock. That’s super kind of them. Or people saying that they are praying for them and sending them prayers and love.

I want to say that we are all here for you guys. We want to help you. By we, I mean the reefers I’ve spoken to on IG. There’s a ton of them that I’ve teamed up with to write this. Please don’t hesitate to speak up and ask for help or anything really.

Remember, if there is anything you need, hit me up and ill find someone who can do a good deed for you. I’d love to do the same, but I’m not at the age to decide that myself. But I’m willing to reassure you that there are many other people who will do all the good deeds you need.

good luck and prayers for all. We hope you get through these tough times and also staying safe and warm at the same time. Prayers for all. Good luck.
Thanks for sharing! We're all in this together and willing to help.

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It’s nice to read this. I’m in mid west Texas. A town call San Angelo. I went without power for 3 days and water for a day and a half so far. Tank has suffered. It’ll be a long road for a lot of things here.
Yeah. No problem. I know a lot of people like you are suffering as well, their tanks too. I hope you all get through it. If you ever need anything, I and fellow reefers are willing to help out. Hopefully your tank will get better. Prayers for you and your tank and family.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let’s consolidate threads for this effort. I’m in Dallas and would love to help. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tx-and-southern-us-frag-it-forward.804976/page-2

d_reeder1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was a complete loss coral, fish. Gonna take me forever to have a nice tank again. Lost several bounces, had a beautiful Aussie gold torch with 4 heads was kinda my centerpiece. Lost all my fish. Nothing but a tank and rocks again.

Attachments

• 789F735A-07DC-4413-AD26-7A4C301311B1.jpeg
    789F735A-07DC-4413-AD26-7A4C301311B1.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was a complete loss coral, fish. Gonna take me forever to have a nice tank again. Lost several bounces, had a beautiful Aussie gold torch with 4 heads was kinda my centerpiece. Lost all my fish. Nothing but a tank and rocks again.
I’m so sorry. If you ever need anything feel free to contact me on Instagram and I’ll hook you up with some coral shops I am associated with and they all have amazing programs to give TX reefers or any reefers suffering some free corals. I’m so sorry, I hope everything will be back to normal for you soon.

Dallascowboys16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there guys. As a Dallas kid now living in Colorado my thoughts are with the Lone Star state. I have lost tanks to freak storms here in the Rockies before, but nothing like what you all are experiencing. Texas strong.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back