Debating on buying KH Director; newbie questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Just got my Profilux 4 and really liking it so far. Can't wait to jump on the band wagon and buy ion director. In the meantime I'm debating on KH director but its $$$

I don't dose yet, but wondering if I should start? I have a 350 gallon aquarium and automating as much as I can to keep things simple.

When we talk alkalinity dosing, what exactly are you guys dosing? Kalkwasser?

Obviously I would need KH Director, but what is the difference between the 2.0 and 2.1 pumps?

Is there *any* chance purchasing ION director we won't need this?

Is DKH really the most important thing to watch? I want my reef to thrive. Mostly softy tank right now may get into some hard corals down the road, but I mainly like torches, duncans, hammers and the like.

Anything else I should know/think about?

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My answers:

I don't dose yet, but wondering if I should start? I have a 350 gallon aquarium and automating as much as I can to keep things simple.
WHEN YOU ARE NO LONGER MAINTAINING DKH BETWEEN WATER CHANGES

TYPICALLY SODA ASH BUT THERE ARE SOME OTHER ALKALINITY FORMULATIONS YOU CAN USE DEPENDING ON PH. SOME WILL USE KALK IN ADDITION BUT IT ISN'T THE WAY YOU WOULD ADJUST DKH

Obviously I would need KH Director, but what is the difference between the 2.0 and 2.1 pumps?
I CAN'T ANSWER THIS ONE. I HAVE 2.0 PUMPS

I DON'T THINK THE ION DIRECTOR IS NECESSARY. I DON'T TEST CALCIUM, JUST ALK. THEN I DOSE BOTH SUPPLEMENTS EQUALLY

Is DKH really the most important thing to watch? I want my reef to thrive. Mostly softy tank right now may get into some hard corals down the road, but I mainly like torches, duncans, hammers and the like.
YES, THAT AND NITRATES, PHOSPHATES, SALINITY.

OP
OP
doodguy

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My answers:

WHEN YOU ARE NO LONGER MAINTAINING DKH BETWEEN WATER CHANGES

TYPICALLY SODA ASH BUT THERE ARE SOME OTHER ALKALINITY FORMULATIONS YOU CAN USE DEPENDING ON PH. SOME WILL USE KALK IN ADDITION BUT IT ISN'T THE WAY YOU WOULD ADJUST DKH

I CAN'T ANSWER THIS ONE. I HAVE 2.0 PUMPS

I DON'T THINK THE ION DIRECTOR IS NECESSARY. I DON'T TEST CALCIUM, JUST ALK. THEN I DOSE BOTH SUPPLEMENTS EQUALLY

YES, THAT AND NITRATES, PHOSPHATES, SALINITY.

I don't do water changes religiously. I probably should get the kh controller so that I can monitor kh. I hate having to do the tests.

ION director will monitor phosphates, calcium, magnesium (I've never tested MG) pretty excited about it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back