December, 2017 POTM Contest - Red & Green

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
upload_2017-12-9_18-4-57.jpeg
 
The DOF is from the lens I use. Instead of a standard or macro lens I use a 300mm zoom lens and sit across the room for fish pics. They aren't as skittish because you aren't chasing them around the tank with a camera. That fish was perched on the chalice perfectly still which made a clear shot easier to get.

I went to check out this photo on Flickr to see the settings you used but didn't have permission to view. Would you mind sharing aperture, shutter speed and iso? I have a 55-300mm that I try and do the same thing with but I struggle to get any pictures as sharp as this one. Shutter speed ends up needing to be too fast and then they turn out dark. Just looking for any tips. Thanks! Awesome shot!
 
I went to check out this photo on Flickr to see the settings you used but didn't have permission to view. Would you mind sharing aperture, shutter speed and iso? I have a 55-300mm that I try and do the same thing with but I struggle to get any pictures as sharp as this one. Shutter speed ends up needing to be too fast and then they turn out dark. Just looking for any tips. Thanks! Awesome shot!

Thanks!

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS
  • EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 USM
  • ƒ/5.6

  • 300.0 mm
  • 1/40

  • 400
  • Flash (off, did not fire)

  • JFIFVersion - 1.01
  • X-Resolution - 96 dpi
  • Y-Resolution - 96 dpi
  • YCbCr Positioning - Centered
  • ISO Speed - 400
  • Exif Version - 0221
  • Exposure Bias - 0 EV
  • Metering Mode - Multi-segment
  • Sub Sec Time Original - 88
  • Sub Sec Time Digitized - 88
  • Flashpix Version - 0100
  • Color Space - Uncalibrated
  • Focal Plane X-Resolution - 4438.356164
  • Focal Plane Y-Resolution - 4445.969136
  • Focal Plane Resolution Unit - inches
  • Custom Rendered - Normal
  • Exposure Mode - Manual
  • White Balance - Manual
  • Scene Capture Type - Standard
 
Bump for more entries! Some great pics so far!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new