Decision time on failing tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef_puck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The lights I have are both Blue now. Just one is a G5 and one is a G6. Look alike I wil end up buying a par meter to keep testing as $80 a week to rent one adds up.
 
The lights I have are both Blue now. Just one is a G5 and one is a G6. Look alike I wil end up buying a par meter to keep testing as $80 a week to rent one adds up.
I’m buying one as I expect my lights to change as they age. BRS used to sell the rentals at a discount. Probably a good option. Me. I’ll just buy new. Considering the cost of everything else. Why skimp on the most important testing item needed.

Could also check with local clubs. They might have one or another reefer in your area.
 
Sell the lights and get an Orphek Icon.

Lighting and nutrients were my problem.

-Matt
 
Measured some more. And including pulling the glass tops. What a difference.

Readings are AB+. All channels 100
40%
60%
80%
100%
85% no glass
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4762.jpeg
    IMG_4762.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 36
Tank with no glass. 85%
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 64
Now need to get a screen top or different glass that does not kill the PAR. If screen then may need to reevaluate the auto top off system as more evaporation will take place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new