Decorator urchin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnnaG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AnnaG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2021
Messages
173
Reaction score
126
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has a decorator urchin for sale- haven’t really heard of them and I’m assuming they’re collector urchins? Anyone had any issues with them before or are they behaved haha- I’ve got a torch coral and a softie plus a couple snails and a cleaner shrimp, will they be okay together?
 
t
My LFS has a decorator urchin for sale- haven’t really heard of them and I’m assuming they’re collector urchins? Anyone had any issues with them before or are they behaved haha- I’ve got a torch coral and a softie plus a couple snails and a cleaner shrimp, will they be okay together?


they eat lots of algea and need to be supplemented if the tank is low

https://www.thatpetplace.com/Tripneustes-gratilla-collector-urchin-237955
they are odd little guys, and also will pick things up like crazy, they will even try and pick up snails sometimes
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new