Deep Reds in AI Hydra 32 HD Stop Working

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kunala6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kunala6

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have a Hydra 32 HD, I noticed the the deep red LEDs do not work. I know I can send it out to AI for repairs but I am not sure if it is really worth it. I bought them used a few months ago and they worked perfectly up until a few days ago. The guy told me he had them for a few years, so maybe it was time for the LEDs to finally fail. Does anyone know of a simple possible fix? I also think I do not really need the deep red LEDs, during the day light setting you can't even notice it is out.
Thank you

20250612_095112.jpg 20250612_095140.jpg
 
Tldr; no loss especially if you lean to the blue side like 20k. Possibly if you like “daylight” 6500-8k

Huge number of tanks successfully growing coral with no Red. IMO red was only added to bring a little more pop to red pigmented corals without increasing green spectrum and therefore washing out blue (think a warm white LED can turn everything brown) and possibly marketing/R&D while companies figured out how to match the success of Metalhalide/T5
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new