Deepwater anthias in sps tank ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CC_N
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CC_N

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
167
Reaction score
138
Location
Vietnam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that Squareback anthias and other deepwater species(princess, Borbonius,etc) loses their colour in brightly lit aquariums. Is this true ?
 
Can be true if stressed I have 2 anthias in my 200 and there doing fine with beautiful colors still but it depends on the fish I had an anthia that I introduced and my powder tang didn’t like him ended up losing his color and had to be removed
 
I’ve heard stories of squareback losing the “square” parts. Even in a video there’s a square back have mutated because strong light in sps tank
 
good to here. I wonder why people said squareback lose their colour
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new