• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Delivery Delays

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Nah, I still hate them both.... wait until Uber or Lyft try and get onto this kick....
Haha I agree...

Uber or Lyft... That'd get interesting. Sell the corals, then have it delivered in 90 minutes. LOL

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God Amazon delivery is the worst of them all. I mean it gets to you, but that whole same day prime, is a load of bull lol.
We do have prime but not same day. Plus the USPS lady is weird here. She’s gets the job done but come on, smile a little or act like you want to give me a package!hahahaha I’d give her a beer but I think she’d take it and challenge me to a shot gun contest or something.

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it when the frag star millionaires who sell from their home/garage say in their "terms" lol that they are not responsible for delays like they are so high end and exclusive.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it when the frag star millionaires who sell from their home/garage say in their "terms" lol that they are not responsible for delays like they are so high end and exclusive.
What that is, people who try to make a fast buck and don’t have any money and want to sell something quick and costly. Then come to find out the packaging was leaking or something!
Could be the old ziplock bag trick,hahahhahaha

had someone do that to me and said “ it shouldn’t have leaked, I tripled bagged it?”.hahahahahahah!

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a fed ex guy for many years had to go with UPS for now. Ups at least gets it there that day. And most of the time on time. FedEx used to hand deliver wait till I opened door and handed me my box. Now they just throw em. Upside down. Ups is more reliable in these times.

And to the vendors that charge a 1000 a frag and make DOAs dissapear. When you ask about the DOA on the next pack they act like you're the crazy one and it didn't happen. It's just coral you're getting rich on you freaking pricks!! The problem is these people love money more than anything else.

I want to say sorry to SBB corals for any bad things I've said in the past. You guys want high end with no games. Shane is stand up.

I'm not going to mention names. But some of you have seen me selling some rare pieces from a specific vendor. I'd stay as far away from any purchases from this character as possible. And I think most anybody who purchased from him would tell you the same. Unfortunately I hear stories about all the top notch vendors who dont stand behind the product.

Forget that 2 hour DOA to. You need at least a few days.

Sorry for ranting just people in this hobbie are just hear and now business minded thieves. All about the buck.

I've been around alot of big shot. They all have the same advice, to make money you have to let go. Well now look at all the products these days. And service.

I wish people would be more stand up. Like for instance, if the shipping company is to busy just tell the guy with the live package (next day air) you cant take it right now. Instead of taking a bunch of money with zero guarantee. They dont even try to get you the package or locate. They could care less.

This let go to make more money has screwed up our world. But hey everyone has more money.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing is buyer shouldn't be responsible for the shipping cost should anything occur. No where else do I see buyer at risk of anything accept on these reef sites. Sucks!

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a reef cleaner package coming...it shipped Monday, should have been here Wednesday, maybe Thursday. USPS hasn’t seen it apparently since the 4th. I’m not optimistic....lol.
So, here’s something to laugh at instead
080B11DF-81F6-4634-8049-A4726F9D0DC3.jpeg
o, here’s something to laugh at instead.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a reef cleaner package coming...it shipped Monday, should have been here Wednesday, maybe Thursday. USPS hasn’t seen it apparently since the 4th. I’m not optimistic....lol.
So, here’s something to laugh at instead
080B11DF-81F6-4634-8049-A4726F9D0DC3.jpeg
o, here’s something to laugh at instead.
Dude, you just made my day. The time that was spent for research is amazing!hahahahahahahahaha

what Turtle did you use for reference;)
We need to validate this,hahahaha

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
turtles are excellent coral shippers when fedex/ups are unreliable in your area, just make sure to use a heatpack if the temps are low.

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not order any livestock this time of year period. Between the possibilty of weather delays, possible extreme cold weather and that nearly EVERY coral dealer had to have a black Friday sale or cyber Monday sale. (Was that like this last year?? I don't recall) That is a lot of livestock that needs to be somewhere overnight and is on the same planes and trucks that all of the other packages from black Friday sales that started much earlier this year. Add in to that the seasonal workers that are not overly well versed in their position. A lot of unknowns to risk my money on, I can wait.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back