Deltec CR Twin Tech Calcium Reactor Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CR Twin Tech is one of the most ambitious new calcium reactor designs we’ve seen in nearly ten years. Created by Deltec this new version of the automatic calcium reactor concept is the epitome of the kitchen sink approach to creating a sophisticated product like this. When first looking at a CR Twin Tech […]
Source

Continue reading...

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly the kind of equipment the reef hobby needs. Rock solid and very stable control without out complexity and fewer moving parts. Thanks for the update.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been happy with my diablo 200 skimmer for about 8 years now. But after seeing this skimmer I'm really debating on getting it, hoping it's actually affordable.

scubaX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after watching jake adams review i had to buy a CR Twin Tech calcium reactor

im struggling to run it as first , lack of support deltic guys doesn't respond to queries .
normally you figure out after looking up online , but there are just few people who have setup this .

the issue which I'm facing is , after power outage it does not prime it self , i have to manually prime it . other issue is after it degas it self it doesn't run back , give a error on the controller and stops , again i have to prime it .

prolly something is going wrong , im not sure how to figure out without proper support .

AgentSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after watching jake adams review i had to buy a CR Twin Tech calcium reactor

im struggling to run it as first , lack of support deltic guys doesn't respond to queries .
normally you figure out after looking up online , but there are just few people who have setup this .

the issue which I'm facing is , after power outage it does not prime it self , i have to manually prime it . other issue is after it degas it self it doesn't run back , give a error on the controller and stops , again i have to prime it .

prolly something is going wrong , im not sure how to figure out without proper support .
Did you ever get it dialed in? How about the power outage issue? That seems pretty critical. I mean if I am out of town and something happens, can’t expect the wife or tank sitter to do it.

AgentSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 3000 a few weeks ago. Overall setup was pretty straight forward (although my unit came with outdated setup/operation manual).
It takes a fair bit of tweaking to get it dialed in but there are just a handful of variables that you tweak. Here is a list:

1. Total liters per day the unit “doses” to the Aquarium. I made tweaks on a 24 hour resolution and it took me a few tweaks to dial it in.

2. CO2 flow rate. Made mistake of leaving my old bubble counter on my regulator. Remove a bubble counter as it won’t be able to accommodate the amount of flow you want to use on this kind of reactor. TheCO2 reaction chamber should be filled in 60-120 seconds and the control unit will timeout if the chamber is not filled within 4 minutes. You will setup the control unit to purge the CO2 chamber regularly and want to make sure the CO2 flow rate is sufficient to replenish before timeout period. Same goes for power outages.

Recommend setting regulator second stage to 1-2 bar.

another note about CO2 delivery, use rigid CO2 safe airline and not silicone. Silicone will expand under pressure and likely fatigue and explode or leak over time.

3. CO2 purge schedule. As the media breaks down, it will release gases diluting the CO2 in the CO2 exchange chamber. You will see this show up as a gradual increase in PH inside the media chamber (if you are operating with a PH probe). I therefore initially setup my reactor to purge the CO2exchange chamber 3 times daily. I have since set it to 2 times daily and it seems to be right frequency. If you only do once a day, the PH will increase too much towards end of 24 hour cycle and you will not be dissolving media sufficiently to keep steady KH effluent.

4: least but not last is the speed of recirculation pump. The instructions tell you it will take 4 days for the bubbles in CO2 gas exchange chamber to change from large bubbles to more fine. This actually took my system more like 2 weeks. Initially the water level in my gas exchange chamber was very low. the recirc pump kept sucking in CO2 from the chamber and dumping it into the media chamber (wasting CO2). Over time the water level rose and my bubbles became much finer.
So my recommendation is to initially set the recirculating rate to be very low (20-30). After about a week, you can slowly start ratcheting it up. I have mine at 60 now on 85 liters per day production.

This may sound complex as you read it but, once you familiarize yourself with the different “operating levers” of the unit, it will be easy to understand what I’m conveying.

once dialed in, the unit is almost completely hands off. Very happy with it!

dannyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have a deltec 1500 Calcium reactor for 12 months always having issues.
Water level in thin chamber very low.
Can you help me.

RobR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you watched the install video on YouTube? What’s your internal pump speed? Should be set at 35-50. Also your regulator should be set to 0.5 to 1 bar, not PSI. Sounds like you have too much CO2 in the chamber.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back