Deltec twintech stability partially negates the need for automated Alk/Ca testing

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the GHL P4 and a KHD, I did have the IOND on pre-order but due to delays and probe issues decided against it and have cancelled, however part of the reason was my also due to my recent Deltec Twintech CaRX purchase (a move based on its great reviews plus dosing was getting a chore), its been running for a week and I've tested Ca (Salifert) and Alk (KHD and Hanna) daily and the numbers are incredibly consistent.

I thought having the IOND if it ever arrived would be unnecessary, knowing Ca multiple times a day seems irrelevant with something like the Twintech, the Nitrate and other values are useful but I'd still need to regularly test for Phosphate and based on regular known feeding amounts those numbers shouldn't change all that quickly and I have Hanna testers for both so twice a week is fine imo.

I've no plans to ditch the KHD, its stable and it works really well (GHL interface is still terrible though) but if I didn't have the KHD the stability the Twintech has shown would mean I wouldnt be testing Alk daily, although admittedly knowing the rise in KH at night is useful to identifying whether or not I need the adaptor to turn the CaRX off overnight (I dont atm)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the Deltec Twin Tech 1500 in my large system and I only test alkalinity once a week, i cant see the point in daily testing unless its automatic unless you have issues some kind

I test and then just make any minor adjustments , usually increasing the flow a point or so every few weeks/month as the corals demand more elements

I use rowalith W chunky media and it pretty much keeps everything in line including magnesium with minor adjustments every 6/12 months to were I like to keep them.

Basically its a great piece of equipment and fully automated

OP
OP
r21

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Triton media, I did have some difficulty initially setting it up but now its running its so simple.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back