Dendro questions

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I’m thinking I may want to get some Dendros for a small section of my tank. My questions are how’s the growth rate generally? I’ve seen posts that state no growth after 8 months and others seem to have decent growth. So I guess I’m curious what’s the general rule.

Also, can dendros touch each other. Say I got a fat head and an Aussie and place them next to each other, any known issues with fighting between the variants?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have only had the fat head dendros............if you want them to multiply fast you have to feed 4 times a week. Pick a spot in the tank that is easily accessible for you( to feed) and also make sure snails can get to where they are to keep the area around it clean. They won't grow if algae is encroaching.

They main drawback is fish stealing their food........tangs are really bad for this.

Most people lose them due to not being committed to feeding them. You can train them to be open during daylight hours, it just takes time and patience.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. Make sure yuo can mannually feed them and place them somewhere in the aquarium where broadcast feeding gives them a chance to capture food

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the responses. Definitely something I’ll need to think more about. I generally don’t specifically feed anything

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me neither. But if you want to grow/spread the dendro you will need to feed. I feed like once a weeknor so. I take that time now to feed anemones since I have the feeding tube out

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back