Denver area Coral Stores

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be going thru the Denver area (also close to Boulder, Loveland, Fort Collins) in the near future. Does anyone have experience with stores in the area that you'd recommend, that have a good selection of corals at decent prices? I'd appreciate any recommendations!

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far the best is Aquatic Art. Normal store hours are only Friday and Saturday but Cris is usually there most days, you just have to phone/email ahead of time. He was actually featured in Coral magazine awhile back.

http://www.aquaticartinc.com

OP
OP
blazn

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your informative recommendation, it is appreciated!

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonzos is down in CO Springs. Haven't made it down to his place but I hear it's great.

OP
OP
blazn

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do find Gonzos Corals in Eaton Colorado, which I do consider in the Ft. Collins/Loveland area, so thank you for the recommendation! Anyone else have positive experiences with coral shops in the Denver area?

OP
OP
blazn

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone local to the Denver area that could give some insight into the best places to shop for corals?

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually in Denver and the only other places I somewhat routinely go to are Keys Island and Neptunes. Neptunes is more of your run of the mill fish store with both fresh and salt whereas Keys Island is strictly salt. I have also heard Ambrosio Aquatics is good but have not been there myself yet. All of these are within the 470 loop around Denver. There are a few others that are run from an individual's home, such as Mind Blowing Corals that are good. But as I said, Aquatic Art takes the cake. Awesome corals at good prices and the 500gal display reef is something to behold.

My bad on Gonzos location. If they are in the Ft Collins or Springs area I always get them confused as they are about the same distance from me and I never make it to either area.

TeenReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought from Gonzos and mind blowing corals and both of them do a fantastic job. I haven't purchased anything from aquatic art but I did get a chance to talk to them at a show and they had amazing sps. I would definitely reccomend all of them.

OP
OP
blazn

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn't heard of Keys Island previously, thank you! I've checked out Mind Blowing Corals on-line and like their zoa offerings. You're certainly making it hard for me not to spend some time in Aquatic Art while I'm in town. Thank you for your opinions!!

Back