Desjardini comparability

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same desjardini in qt right now, wondering if any non zebrasoma tangs would be compatible with him while in qt? I don’t have multiple qts and I plan to move in both fish (desjardini and potential new tang) into 75L qt, so any buddies that wouldn’t fight? I had a scopas but I plan to exchange him because he is just way too aggressive.

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same desjardini in qt right now, wondering if any non zebrasoma tangs would be compatible with him while in qt? I don’t have multiple qts and I plan to move in both fish (desjardini and potential new tang) into 75L qt, so any buddies that wouldn’t fight? I had a scopas but I plan to exchange him because he is just way too aggressive.
Tangs are tangs, there's no guarantee what will or won't have problems, especially in smaller tanks (if you actually meant 75L and not gallons), but Zebrasoma are more likely to have beef with other Zebrasoma compared to other genera of tangs. The more different the two are, the better. Really, anything on the nicer side of Acanthurus, Ctenochaetus, Naso, a hippo, your choice. If you avoid the notoriously bad Acanthurus (think Sohal, Lineatus, etc.) I'd say you have an equal chance of them working out.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs are tangs, there's no guarantee what will or won't have problems, especially in smaller tanks (if you actually meant 75L and not gallons), but Zebrasoma are more likely to have beef with other Zebrasoma compared to other genera of tangs. The more different the two are, the better. Really, anything on the nicer side of Acanthurus, Ctenochaetus, Naso, a hippo, your choice. If you avoid the notoriously bad Acanthurus (think Sohal, Lineatus, etc.) I'd say you have an equal chance of them working out.
Ok, makes sense yeah. I don’t think I’m cool nor experienced enough to get into the notoriously bad line of tangs, I was thinking like a convict or a two spot bristletooth. Thanks for the advice!

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, makes sense yeah. I don’t think I’m cool nor experienced enough to get into the notoriously bad line of tangs, I was thinking like a convict or a two spot bristletooth. Thanks for the advice!
The two-spot is the safer pick. Acanthurus are considered generally more aggressive than Ctenochaetus, but it's individual.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back