OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Facebook site for the uk you can pick up some nice pieces there usually auction in 3s. Norml go around the 40 dollar range.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing is that @WWC is down the street and I do not have to pay shipping;)

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing is that @WWC is down the street and I do not have to pay shipping;)
That is a big advantage. I hate a mate in the uk that is collecting a load of my zoa and shipping over to me the others i got sent. Costs 12 dollars for overnight shipping. Managed to get 12 utter chaos on auction for 50 dollars and he collected. My hyper jubilee i got for 45 dollars on auction. He is also collecting [emoji3]

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shipping is great at $12.00

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes really good price. Over night shipping in norway is over 70 dollars. Crazy
base shipping is between 40 and 50 depending how much one buys. If one is purchasing $200 most include shipping on live stock.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
base shipping is between 40 and 50 depending how much one buys. If one is purchasing $200 most include shipping on live stock.
Bear in mind though the us is allot bugger so those prices seem fair to me. Mind you not many times i am buying things that i would not spend more than 200 lol

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned the sump out today in return section was really needed. Tank is going well still some cyano but all corals and fish are healthy.
20170211_194310.jpg

20170211_194319.jpg

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and clean. Good to here that everyone is healthy.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and clean. Good to here that everyone is healthy.
Yes things are going better now thank god [emoji3] i have a uv unit ordered now also and a liad of hermits are coming into the local lfs soon and some cleaner shrimps. The hermits should start hammering the cyano back. Time will help it come together so i am not stressing.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been adjusting my alk up slowly , I was test high, only to find out the my test were off with my last reagent. The old reagent was testing 9 and I dropped it down to 7.7. With the new reagent I tested and I am at 6.9 and I like to run around 8.2 to 8.5.

I should have deduced that when I am dosing 40 ml of Mg, Ca and trace elements and I am only dosing 12 ml of Alk there is an issue. This has been going on for quite some time;)

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been adjusting my alk up slowly , I was test high, only to find out the my test were off with my last reagent. The old reagent was testing 9 and I dropped it down to 7.7. With the new reagent I tested and I am at 6.9 and I like to run around 8.2 to 8.5.

I should have deduced that when I am dosing 40 ml of Mg, Ca and trace elements and I am only dosing 12 ml of Alk there is an issue. This has been going on for quite some time;)
Well the main thingis that you figured it out. I am not dosing at all. My levels seem pretty stable all round. As i am lps and zoa only i am hoping weekly water changes will do the trick. If not i will order a doser and start dosing.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the main thingis that you figured it out. I am not dosing at all. My levels seem pretty stable all round. As i am lps and zoa only i am hoping weekly water changes will do the trick. If not i will order a doser and start dosing.
I am wanting to go to auto water changes by the end of March.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm sounds interesting. I have seen some cool systems

The main expense is going to be the new doser that has the auto water change feature.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main expense is going to be the new doser that has the auto water change feature.
Sounds interesting. I liked a system i seen with a tank that was connected to the system. You could close 2 valves and lock it off from the system. Open another to drain that section. Close it open another and fresh saltwater filled it up then open both valves again and introduced to the system. No effect on the level in the tank. No need to turn off pumps are anything was genius

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pacific sun kore 5th link I am also going to go full out and get the magnetic stirrer and the AWC module. I can dose product that need to be shaken/stirred before dosing, and the auto water change. If and when this thing integrates with the Apex then I will use the ATO. I like my current ATO work and is working for my needs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back