Detroit_306 90 Gallon wide acrylic

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, i recently got a nice deal on a 90 gallon acrylic wide 48 x 24 x 18.5 and couldn't resist upgrading from my 34 gallon cube. This is my first drilled tank and besides a few leaks :neutral: i enjoy it and learned some new things..

Lighting was originally gonna be a couple of LED boxes using the one from my cube + another, but of course i changed my mind and ordered a fishneedit mh/t5 combo yesterday..

The sump is an aqueon proflex model 4, i had a model 1 on my cube and liked it so much i went with the biggest one for this tank..

i picked up my skimmer last night its a
SWC Xtreme 150 BMK Protein Skimmer, its bigger than i thought and is gonna find a new home in the center of the proflex and im ditching the fuge.. i plan on running a heavy bioload in this tank, and this skimmer seems to be pretty awesome quality!

Tank only has one powerhead atm, i may do one mp40 and another koralia

All controlled through a RKL with two powerstrips and lunar lights, i have room for one more module and am leaning towards the ATO.. These controllers are the most priceless thing for our tanks IMO..

The original plan was to have two islands with one breaking the surface of the water, kind of like an iceberg :)

IMAG0713.jpg

IMAG0713.jpg

OP
OP
D

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops double picture, i dont see where to edit the thread but this was supposed to be the other pic
IMAG0714.jpg

OP
OP
D

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point i still had the minimalist state of mind with the left bank, and i put together a Durso standpipe for the intake, waiting for the nice slow drip of an ro/di unit to fill the tank and sump, mix the salt in get it heated, and transfer everything from my 34..

OP
OP
D

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast forward a few weeks...to last Sunday, everything was filled and i was ready to transfer my rock and break down my cube..i think i tore the right side down about 4 times trying to get it right...but now im happy...im trying to keep everyone relatively peaceful as this is an open top tank...so my flamehawk made it into the display and my 6 line wrasse made it into the sump..all the coral and frags seem to be doing fine under my one side of the tank lol, but the next big step is getting the lights hopefully next week and getting them mounted..
IMAG0846.jpg

IMAG0847.jpg

IMAG0844.jpg

IMAG0856.jpg

I added 5 blue green chromis last night, so far they all seem to be intact and not murdered one another...Plans for this weekend is to get the skimmer running and tuned up..and i am gonna make some type of overflow box for my stand pipe...i have a few ideas just need some time!

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good of to a great start. Look forward to following along.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
D

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights didnt cone in Friday like I hoped but should be here tm so heres a shot from Friday with my new sailfin, i love this fish!
IMAG0893.jpg

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights didnt cone in Friday like I hoped but should be here tm so heres a shot from Friday with my new sailfin, i love this fish!
IMAG0893.jpg

Beautiful looking sailfin. Did your lights come in yesterday?

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I love the fish! The sailfin ahs lots of room!

OP
OP
D

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, the lights came in and about what i expected for a set of cheap lights, hard to assemble! well no so much hard as sharp edges...and having to massage some pieces into place, but they are hung and they are BRIGHT, and i LOVE the aluminum finish, they are cheaply made but the colors already look better and not so washed out, i cant wait for them to break in..being that the MH's are only 150 watt im thinking i want to do a few frags of SPS around the mid to top around the large island
IMAG0921.jpg

IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing! The tank is looking good!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back