Dexter's Rainbow Bright Yuma

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went out to eat the other day for dinner to a restaurant that me and my friends wanted to try. It was a Chinese place next door to my surprise was a tiny aquarium store. After dinner I went into the store to look around and see what they offered. I noticed that a majority of the corals were blah blah blah...reds, greens, pinks the norm for beginners. Then I noticed a this one coral tank in the corner that housed a huge hollywood stunner chalice with other OG chalices like mummy eyes, hurricanes, og mummy eyes, and several overgrown mushrooms; blues, reds, greens. One blue mushroom was so huge its covered the substrate that was littered with all sorts of mushroom frags. I noticed as the water flow would hit this mushroom it would reveal several yumas behind it. Pink ones, green, orange, purple and this rainbow.

I kindly asked the store keeper if she would be ok with moving the yumas to the front of the tank for further look-see. She did and I found what seems to be a diamond in the rough. I asked her how she came across this beauty and she said a long time customer named Dexter (a local guy) came in about two years ago selling off and donating the contents of his 120gal reef tank. There were three frags of this beauty about 2in in diameter. Now I am the proud owner of two Dexter's Rainbow Bright Yuma.

What are your thoughts???

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score :) Dexter is the name of my siberian husky pup so i had to check out this thread.. lol

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS which sells pretty okay corals, and then a beauty every now and then. I was looking through a tank of ricordea floridas (I have like every variety so it wasn't much of an impressive tank). There were some other corals but nothing special, and then I saw that orange and green glow. Probably my favourite montipora, the sunset montipora, was sitting right in the middle of those ricordeas! I couldn't get it though, but the store owner said he'll make sure he always has a piece in stock so when I go there next time I'll get it.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great score man! I have something very similar, these are awesome because they're not melters like other yuma types. You're going to get some babies off that in no time. :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd love one of those.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back