diablo xs-170 information

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering if anyone had any information on these older diablo skimmers? been searching for weeks and i see xs-160 but only xs-17 that popped up was an old fs post here on r2r. basically im trying to find information on gallon ratings, pump requirement and other tech specs. ive seen it is a 6.5" body, it is a 7" body, has a 4" collection cup. the only "170" i found ( not on coralvues site) was a DCS-170 which came with a diablo 3500s pump ( which was apparently made by jebao LOL) which was discontinued and replaced with an rodc 3500s which is now also discontinued and coralvue is trying to tell me the skimmer requires a varios DC-4s pump ( which im callign BS on because the original diablo pump and the rodc 3500s were both closer to the varios DC-2s.

anyway any information would be appreciated as there isnt much information online about diablo skimmers. closest i could come was from aquanerd which had the following tidbids prior to or just after launch of the skimmer:

• Rated for Aquariums up to 200 Gallons
  • Footprint: 13″ x 9″
  • Body Diameter: 7″
  • Height: 23.45″
  • Powered by: Diablo DCS 3500 Pinwheel Pump
  • Max Air: 900 L/H (31.5 SCFH)*
  • Power Consumption: 25watts
now based on aquanerd coralvue lied about which pump the skimmer needed and puts it closer in the sicce psk-1000 or varios 2s range. but i personally would like to know of other skimmer pump options that could be used both dc and ac on the diablo 170. i know red devil has some skimmer pumps that look like the original OEM diablo 3500s but it is a 5500s and has specs closer to the varios DC-4s so basically to big LOL. i see a LOT of lower cost dc pumps out there and that have specs that fit the oem pump BUT, NONE of them have a needle/pinwheel impeller ( jebao being a prime example with their dcp sine pumps) in that they all have a water impeller ( not sure that would really matter though as i have had and seen several Varios DC-4s pumps come in brand new unopened regal skimmers that had the water impeller installed not teh skimmer impeller and then coralvue made the people pay for the correct impeller for their skimmer pumps ( so not really keen on paying almost $300 for a Varios skimmer pump that might cost me an extra $35+ for the correct impeller in teh skimmer pump.

anyway, any insight on the diablo 170 ( dont know if it was xs-170 or DCS-170 as the only "170" diablo skimmers i have seen have been called both xs- and dcs 170 LOL.

OP
OP
lordraptor1

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No longer have interest in this post, no replies and just kept digging and found a TINY amount of info from some other forums from other countries.

Back