Diamond goby

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchase one sand goby yesterday. Woke up to a sand storm and I still have a sand storm. Will the occur on a day to day basis or will the sand storms eventually stop?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchase one sand goby yesterday. Woke up to a sand storm and I still have a sand storm. Will the occur on a day to day basis or will the sand storms eventually stop?
I believe they will continue but I don't have a diamond goby, I have pistol shrimp. As the fine particles get filtered out it should cloud the tank less over time though.. At least that's what's happened with my pistol shrimps.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they will continue but I don't have a diamond goby, I have pistol shrimp. As the fine particles get filtered out it should cloud the tank less over time though.. At least that's what's happened with my pistol shrimps.

I don't mind him sifting the sand that's his job. I mind the sand storm though. I hope it will stop

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to remove mine from my 90g tank. The corals on the sand bed were being irritated by all of the sand he was spitting on them. They began not to open as much and couldn't feed properly. This is even a bigger problem in smaller tanks.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A lot of upwards flow helps filter that out quickly.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know. I can't believe he got out. The top is covered but where one of the power head cords go out it's slightly lifted and I guess that's how he got out.

I guess so. So sorry. I have in one and I know how entertaining they are. I could watch him for hours

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught mine moving an intruder from his house yesterday. It was the funniest dang thing. I look at his area and he has a hermit crab suctioned with his mouth moving him from his cave to the corner of the tank.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught mine moving an intruder from his house yesterday. It was the funniest dang thing. I look at his area and he has a hermit crab suctioned with his mouth moving him from his cave to the corner of the tank.

Yup these are OCD to say the least!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back