Diamond Ring Saw Opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Palancar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
3
Location
SW Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for opinions from people using a diamond ring saw for fragging coral. I already have a diamond bandsaw and like it, but I am looking for a saw that I can actually go around a polyp without putting a strain on the blade and be able to neatly frag Micromussa corals.
 
you cant do that with the bandsaw?
i had no problems making 1-2 polyp micromussa heads with my bandsaw when i had a tank
 
I have done it with a bandsaw on acans but when you try to go around tight corners you still put a bind on the blade.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new