Diatoms prob

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I’m 6 weeks into my cycle. Currently have 25 fishes in it. With around 6 tangs. Started tuning on my lights a week ago. Diatom started showing with lights on 10 hours a day.
Will be another 2 mths before I add my 1st sps. Will be 90 pct sps. 0 corals atm just fishes

A) leave the lights on as it is and let the ugly stage play itself out
B) off the lights
C) other options? Haha

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3008.jpeg

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re going to go through this no matter what you do. It’s just part of waiting for a new tank to truly establish. If you have no corals then you can significantly reduce your photoperiod and intensity. It will also help avoid, but not necessarily eliminate other nuisance algae that may come and go later.

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re going to go through this no matter what you do. It’s just part of waiting for a new tank to truly establish. If you have no corals then you can significantly reduce your photoperiod and intensity. It will also help avoid, but not necessarily eliminate other nuisance algae that may come and go later.
Since I’ve got no corals. Will it b better to encourage more now and get rid of it,?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back