Diatoms

  • Thread starter Thread starter zeliflush
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zeliflush

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about diatoms, since there not harmful should I just let them grow and then clean it when they start to disappear.

Also I’ll assume the green is the start of gha but online says it’s green coraline what’s your opinion ?

Just to clarify I know the tank is brown but everything tests perfectly fine so it’s no harm to the fish :) IMG_4323.jpeg IMG_4322.jpeg IMG_4321.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • filtered-A980C52C-CC39-45A4-BAAF-0F754DD66165.mov
    4.9 MB
How old is the tank, and do you have any CUC in there?
 
How old is the tank, and do you have any CUC in there?
If I was to take a guess around 45 days cuc wise there is nothing other then 2 brittle starfish and 2 other starfish (no idea what they are) there’s also some slug like thing. I don’t want to add a cuc until I know there is plenty of food for them. Am I ready to add some hermits and snails ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new