Did my clownfish just lay eggs?

Biggest Little Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
91
Location
Reno
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me identify these? They look like eggs of some sort. I found them around where my clownfish pair hang out but I don’t think they’re clownfish eggs.

830F42C1-7D9A-44C4-A8F4-2DFE15C05B2E.jpeg
 
those look more like cardinalfish eggs, 100% not clownfish eggs though, any bengai cardinals in the tank
 
I thought that Cardinal banggai fish eggs would be taken up in the male mouth right after spawning. Without a male, would the eggs be layed in anemone as the eggs are destined for the male mouth, I think they will just be release in the water column. Without a male, the eggs will definitly not be fertilized, nor will they survive. They will become food for someone for sure. Do you have any other pair of fish or inverts whose eggs it could be?
 
I do have one Banggai cardinal. Since I only have one does that mean the eggs won’t be fertilized?
yep eggs wont be fertile, you could try another banggai, but they are a bit hard to sex just looking at them. Most also come in pretty small now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new