Did not know anemones are edible

  • Thread starter Thread starter rlman41299
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
594
Location
san jose
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was watching a re-run episode of Bizarre foods yesterday and they showed harvesting of sea urchin including sea anemone.
They are cut up to pieces and battered and fried. Andrew said it was his first time to have sea anemone and it taste like oysters.
We learn something new everyday :-)
 
Interesting! What kind of anemone?
 
......We learn something new everyday :)

I've learn yet another food I'm never, ever going to eat. No thank you! I'll stick to my bland Irish food.


I'm assuming the frying does in the nematocyst reflex and makes the toxin non-venomous.
 
I've learn yet another food I'm never, ever going to eat. No thank you! I'll stick to my bland Irish food.


I'm assuming the frying does in the nematocyst reflex and makes the toxin non-venomous.

Agreed. I don't shy away from trying foods but I would never consider an anemone as food.
 
Out of curiosity I looked up recipes.....and there are a large number of them available. Most fried with various oils, but this one got me:

APPETIZERS: Sea anemone & avocado goblet


Excuse me, I need to go and barf! :eek:
 
No matter how it is prepared I am not prepared to try it ha ha ha
 
Was watching a re-run episode of Bizarre foods yesterday and they showed harvesting of sea urchin including sea anemone.
They are cut up to pieces and battered and fried. Andrew said it was his first time to have sea anemone and it taste like oysters.
We learn something new everyday :)

I saw that episode! It looked pretty crazy, huh :eek:

~ CI
 
"Strain the sea anemones broth and stir in 2,5 gelatine sheets, already dissolved. Let them curdle and set aside in a cool place for 45min."

Too many gross sounding words in there. Sea anemone broth? Let it curdle? Has to be some Japanese recipe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new