Did you give something up when you started in this hobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xcountryx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xcountryx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
490
Reaction score
401
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious! Did anyone give something up to be in or this hobby, or when you started in this hobby?

I quit smoking 2 years ago. I needed something to fill the gap. Something to keep my mind off of that addiction I had for almost 20 years. My wife suggested a fish tank, we'll I'm sry but freshwater is just boring to me. So then it began. I'm hooked! I feel better that I'm doing something more fulfilling with my time. And hopefully I will have more time in my life to do it also!
 
Rc car racing if I had the money I spend on rc cars over the years I would have 1000 gallon setup lol
 
I'm in the process to give up my job.
 
I'm a hobby-holic, lol so, I mainly gave up stamping to do this hobby,lol but I have about 7 other hobbies still so I'm not really sure...
My only addiction is hobbies (and all the money spent on them!)
 
Nearly a lifetime of Fishing and Fish Keeping for me but have dropped many other hobbies when it came to 'This or That' including RC car & boat racing, skiing, shooting and having a Motorcycle....for now....lol

In March it will be 32 years since my first Reeftank was setup, definitely a lifelong passion for me.

Cheers, Todd
 
If I could this would be my job! Where I'm at there's realy not a whole lot to choose from. And I've gota drive an hour either way just to find any saltwater stores.
 
was teetering on getting back into chameleons or getting back to marine, went marine. I love it the wallet doesnt
 
I used to spend thousands every month drinking. Now that I gave drinking up, I spend my money on my tank. That's why my wife doesn't care that I spend money on fish and coral :)
 
No way! I have a lot of hobbies but I wouldn't give up any of them. I started a couple reef tanks a year ago and didnt sell any of my other toys. Im an avid mtn biker, road biker, kite flier, pez collector, cruise enthusiast, AND reefer. Ya just have to tell the wife...everything stays. Lol
 
I was 2/3 the way through restoring my first car. 1987 Chevy Camaro Z28 Convertible. I sold it shortly after starting this hobby. I needed the money to buy a bigger tank. lol. . .
 
I often daydream, wondering what I can sell in order to buy this, that or the other for my tank. I've been thinking about the plasma clinic ads on the radio. They say up to $300.00 per month. [in the voice of Jeff Spicoli] "Righteous bucks!"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new