diference between reef power RP- 26 & RN-1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ciwyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a detailed photo of the powerheads but it does show them off a little bit.

I did an RN-1 on the back and a QP-9 plus at the front of the tank. They do sync nicely.
20180829_134219.jpg

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I just picked up 2 of these at RAP today. Will these operate on the Jebao twins controller used for RW pumps?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a detailed photo of the powerheads but it does show them off a little bit.

I did an RN-1 on the back and a QP-9 plus at the front of the tank. They do sync nicely.
20180829_134219.jpg
Are you worried at all about your return so low in the tank?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a user thread for these pumps? I know this is a thread on the difference between the coral box and reef breeders.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone tried to use these on 3/4" glass? wondering if there is an extra mag, one could use??
@reefbreeders Logan have you tried?

I tried it briefly in an empty tank- it appeared to hold but it was questionable. We recommend 5/8" max, but I don't see why a stronger external magnet wouldn't allow you to use these with thicker glass.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it briefly in an empty tank- it appeared to hold but it was questionable. We recommend 5/8" max, but I don't see why a stronger external magnet wouldn't allow you to use these with thicker glass.

thanks Logan lets see if I get the tank 1st then we will see. I would like to use 4 of these and no PH on the sides. maybe wish fulling thinking. haha

my new up grade ( if I get it ) will be powered by reefbreeders lights.pumps and power heads! woot woot

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Logan lets see if I get the tank 1st then we will see. I would like to use 4 of these and no PH on the sides. maybe wish fulling thinking. haha

my new up grade ( if I get it ) will be powered by reefbreeders lights.pumps and power heads! woot woot

Awesome! Apologies if you already posted, what size is your new build? Last we spoke you had a 3x2x2, this one sounds like an upgrade :)

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Apologies if you already posted, what size is your new build? Last we spoke you had a 3x2x2, this one sounds like an upgrade :)

haha yeah I am playing around with the red sea reefer XXL 750 or waterbox 230.6 same tank really 71x26x25ish 3/4" glass
debating on QP VS RPMs

GAcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an RP-M pump because I tought about using the benefit of very low GPH this pump offer, compared with others it really is low, having in mind that is nice to have the ability to get that small gph and increase it way up to 2,600gph meaning you can go from a nano to a large tank with your same pump. Plus the pump it has the low profile motor and impeller incorporated to it, it was another reason for me to try it. Also loved the rest of the features it came with, multiple speed settings, master and slave pumps, feeding timer and one that I don't know yet if any other powerheads offers now, the reverse mode, nice to have in case you'd want to cleanup sand and impeller. Hopefully I'll post back later about how I've benefited from it. [emoji106][emoji106]

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if this pump (RP-M) has the ability to be mounted at a slight angle, like the Nero 5? I need a pump like this with a slim profile but I also need to be able slightly angle it downwards. And with the Nero 5 being more than twice the cost of this, I’m really trying to avoid needing to spend so much more $$ just to be able to put it at a slight angle.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if this pump (RP-M) has the ability to be mounted at a slight angle, like the Nero 5? I need a pump like this with a slim profile but I also need to be able slightly angle it downwards. And with the Nero 5 being more than twice the cost of this, I’m really trying to avoid needing to spend so much more $$ just to be able to put it at a slight angle.
How much is a slight angle? Can you provide more details about the application?

These push water out sideways as well as forwards, so typically you don't need to angle them.

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much is a slight angle? Can you provide more details about the application?

These push water out sideways as well as forwards, so typically you don't need to angle them.

15 degrees or so would work. I’m trying to get flow to a low area (bottom half of tank, in the center) that’s surrounded on all sides with rock. I need to mount it high on the tank, angled down, otherwise the surrounding rock just blocks/disperses the flow elsewhere.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 degrees or so would work. I’m trying to get flow to a low area (bottom half of tank, in the center) that’s surrounded on all sides with rock. I need to mount it high on the tank, angled down, otherwise the surrounding rock just blocks/disperses the flow elsewhere.

I would suggest looking into our QP-9+, as those can easily be angled up to 90 degrees:

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/coralbox-qp-9-plus/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back