diference between reef power RP- 26 & RN-1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan & R2R,

so I was browsing and noticed a new pump in the line up. the Reef power RP-26!
what id the difference between that a the RN-1?

looks like the RP26 has a lower min flow rate 260GPH vs 300 for the RN1
also the RP26 comes with a snail guard.

is this the version 2 of the pump?
any other difference one should be aware of?

I am very intrigued by these pumps...

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan & R2R,

so I was browsing and noticed a new pump in the line up. the Reef power RP-26!
what id the difference between that a the RN-1?

looks like the RP-M has a lower min flow rate 260GPH vs 300 for the RN1
also the RP-M comes with a snail guard.

is this the version 2 of the pump?
any other difference one should be aware of?

I am very intrigued by these pumps...

The RP-M is a private label. That way we can offer an extended warranty (18 months), along with better support and distribution. The problem we run into with a lot of the coralbox and jebao stuff is that other sellers on ebay/amazon offer them without any warranty, which tends to make the whole brand look bad, regardless of retailer. By carrying these under our name we can control who sells them on eBay/Amazon, and make sure that every one of our customers receives the excellent service we strive to offer. We will still be offering the coralbox version with a 12 month instead of an 18 month warranty for a slightly lower price.

In addition we do add those extra accessories in the box like the snail guard and the mobile battery adapter.

I am updating the website as both pumps have the same minimum flow. That seems to be a point of confusion for a lot of people. The controller goes as low as 5%, however it looks more like about 10% on the lowest setting. You can only set wavemakers so low due to water resistance and other factors.

And I'm glad you found that video! I made that one with Scott a few months before the release on these. Since then the pump has become slightly more powerful (2,600gph vs ~2,350gph).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RP-26 is a private label. That way we can offer an extended warranty (18 months), along with better support and distribution. The problem we run into with a lot of the coralbox and jebao stuff is that other sellers on ebay/amazon offer them without any warranty, which tends to make the whole brand look bad, regardless of retailer. By carrying these under our name we can control who sells them on eBay/Amazon, and make sure that every one of our customers receives the excellent service we strive to offer. We will still be offering the coralbox version with a 12 month instead of an 18 month warranty for a slightly lower price.

In addition we do add those extra accessories in the box like the snail guard and the mobile battery adapter.

I am updating the website as both pumps have the same minimum flow. That seems to be a point of confusion for a lot of people. The controller goes as low as 5%, however it looks more like about 10% on the lowest setting. You can only set wavemakers so low due to water resistance and other factors.

And I'm glad you found that video! I made that one with Scott a few months before the release on these. Since then the pump has become slightly more powerful (2,600gph vs ~2,350gph).

ah makes total since now... and yeah I bet you got/get alot of ppl contacting you who bought PH/RT pumps else where and looking to get your killer support.

will you be able to offer parts if the need comes up? like impeller,controller , motor?
how is the noise compared to the QP pumps?

yeah the video was fun to watch. like I said It was good to but a face to the name! :D

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah makes total since now... and yeah I bet you got/get alot of ppl contacting you who bought PH/RT pumps else where and looking to get your killer support.

will you be able to offer parts if the need comes up? like impeller,controller , motor?
how is the noise compared to the QP pumps?

yeah the video was fun to watch. like I said It was good to but a face to the name! :D

Yes! We will have full warranty support as well as replacement parts including impellers, controllers, power supplies etc. for both models. The RP-26 has 6 more months on the warranty and is better for your LFS- since we won't allow listings on eBay/Amazon and will always sell at MAP.

The noise level is similar to the QP pumps, I can't really hear when my pump is running unless I put my ear to the tank.

Ciwyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RP and QP plus definitely had no problems syncing up. The RP also really has an impressively small footprint.

Now is there any way to program reverse mode into timed mode? It would only let me select modes 1-5. It would be great to have them run backwards once a day to kick up some dead spots and clean the pumps out a bit.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RP and QP plus definitely had no problems syncing up. The RP also really has an impressively small footprint.

Now is there any way to program reverse mode into timed mode? It would only let me select modes 1-5. It would be great to have them run backwards once a day to kick up some dead spots and clean the pumps out a bit.

There is not a way to program the reverse mode into the timer- with the timer mode you must run each mode for at least an hour. Running your pump in reverse mode for a prolonged period of time can cause damage to the impeller. We recommend turning it on manually once a week for about 5 minutes to clean the impeller and your sandbed.

Ciwyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not a way to program the reverse mode into the timer- with the timer mode you must run each mode for at least an hour. Running your pump in reverse mode for a prolonged period of time can cause damage to the impeller. We recommend turning it on manually once a week for about 5 minutes to clean the impeller and your sandbed.

Well that would explain it. Protecting me from my own stupidity! lol

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any more videos of the these in action? there on my wish list of goodies...I think 2 on the back wall of my 36" 90 gal SCA tank would keep all 3 sides viewable.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the same question! So the dimensions are identical? Are both external magnets ok for use in an overflow on both models submerged?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the same question! So the dimensions are identical? Are both external magnets ok for use in an overflow on both models submerged?

Yes sir. We do offer the RN-1 for about $14 less if you are okay with a shorter warranty period :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back