Difference between 6025.500 and 6025.501 magnet extension

  • Thread starter Thread starter KStatefan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KStatefan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2015
Messages
5,596
Reaction score
5,022
Location
MHK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between these two magnets? The catalog and the manual list a 6025.500 for up to 20mm glass. I saw a 6025.501 online that said it was good to 3/4" glass. Trying to get my 6095 nanostreams to work on the back glass of my IM 100EXT. I forgot about the acrylic panel infront of the 15mm glass.
 
6025.501 is half of a 6025.500, this is used to up the magnet strength of an existing magnet holder, you keep the existing inside set. The only way to get to 19mm though is the full 6025.500 and for this application, it is what I would do, the existing 6025.515 with swapping only the outside will just hold on 15mm, and it would be much more secure with the full pair.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new