difference between us frag style and standard dosages

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

daniel smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi .I am currently using a couple of Fauna Marin products and up to now I am happy with the results. My system is only 150 litres in total with a deltec sc1351 skimmer and a 6 x39 sunpower ,so, big skimmer for system and plenty of light. I am currently using carb l @ 75ml every two weeks in a reactor and 3 x BRB's every two weeks.I am also using coral sprint and have the older bottles of Amin and organic.
Thing is I would like to keep the system as simple as possible so I dose CS three times a week and would like dose amin and organic once a week as per us frag style . So I would like to know how much amin and organic to dose as the dosage on the bottle is for every day and I feel this would be too much. Also could I add more trace 1,2,3, to my balling solutions (as per US style)instead of using colour elements. I have all sps mostlyt montis and seriatoporas and a couple of acros which strangely are better than the montis due to po4 limited system which I am trying to rectify with potassium phosphate dosing.
Basically I would like to run as near to a US style system but without the ozone. Is this ok.

OP
OP
D

daniel smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, sorry if this was a complicated question (I have not typed it in a very understandable way) but I have actually sent an Email request direct to Fauna Marin in a more readable form and have a satisfactory answer. So basically it seem as though you can mix and match any of these product as long as you know why you are dosing and what the outcome may be positive or negative and then adjust. Don't fancy running Ozone though , but may do in future. Thanks for looking anyway.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Daniel Sorry for the late reply . We have a change in our support team and holiday season. Over all we must say that the recommended dosing are calculate for a good stocked tank included fishes The best ist to start with a lower dosing like 50% of the recommend dose, Then check it with our ICP Tests and you wil get supported with the right dosing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back