Difference between USA and Europe

  • Thread starter Thread starter zweebe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zweebe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
63
Reaction score
23
Location
Belgium
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

Firstly, Merry Christmas to everyone! :-)

So... Since a lot of time, I was wondering why we can't get awesome corals species like in the US! So I never really try to find answers to it until now!

If it's because US Corals are only Aquacultured or because there is species from Caribsea that we can't import from Europe? Or anythelse else?

There are just a few shop across Europe with Aquacultured corals, others are mainly from Marine cultured or wild!

Thank you for this discussion :-)
 
I'm not really sure but I'd guess it's something to do with import laws and the laws possibly keeping personal business from growing and selling to the public. Seems most things end up because of political thoughts and laws for or against them.
 
My guess would be the same as above. I know in Florda we have a whole division of government called the department of Agriculture and the Florida Fish and Wildlife that over sees all saltwater/freshwater related activities and business.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new